Getting married abroad – How do I arrange to marry abroad?

How do I arrange to marry abroad?

This will depend on the country in which you wish to marry. There are many tour operators and travel Companies which specialise in arranging marriages overseas. We suggest that you ask at your local Travel Agent.

They should advise you on the documents you would need to provide, if there was a minimum length of stay in the country before you could marry and if you need to obtain a ‘certificate of no impediment’ before you go.

You may find it helpful to contact the relevant country’s embassy for advice. There is also general advice available on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office site